Biltmore Pod

Biltmore House

Biltmore Village

In 1888 George Vanderbilt began to buy land in the mountains of western North Carolina.

He honored his Dutch roots by naming his 125,000 acre estate Biltmore: "Bilt" from Bildt, the town in Holland from which his family had come and "more" or moor, an English word meaning rolling countryside.

Following the land purchase, the village of Biltmore was incorporated as a town in 1893.

Next

Buncombe County Schools is in the process of reviewing its website to ensure compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2018 West Corporation. All rights reserved.